January 6, 2012
Coming to Three Area Locations This Month
Does your daughter love American Girl Dolls. Would she enjoy participating in a fashion show to support two great causes? Well, get those head shots printed and get ready to show your little doll off.
The 1st Annual American Girl Fashion Show® to benefit Cool Kids Campaign and University of Maryland Children’s Hospital will be held on Saturday and Sunday, March 24th and 25th, 2012 at Baltimore’s Hippodrome Theatre in the M&T Bank Pavilion.
Show producers are on the search for models for this event. Models must fit a size 6x (Bitty Baby outfits) or size 10 (historical and Dress Like Your Doll outfits).
Model Search Locations:
- Saturday, January 14th – White Marsh Mall, 12 to 2pm
- Saturday, January 21st – Columbia Mall, 12 to 2pm
- Saturday, January 28th – Towson Town Center, 12 to 2pm
Model Search General Information:
- Please fill out a model application form and bring it to a model search event. Applications must include a current close-up and full-length photograph of the child. Please write the child's name and parent's contact information on the back of the pictures. Photographs will not be returned.
- Selected models will be assigned to one of the show groups. It is preferred if each model can commit to at least a full day on Saturday and/or Sunday.
- Models must be able to attend orientation, fittings and rehearsals.
- There is no photography during the show. Each model will have her picture taken by a professional photographer prior to the show.
- Models may be required to supply footwear and accessories depending on her costume.
- Models must be able to be away from parents for three hours (one hour before the show and during the two-hour performance) and feel comfortable walking a runway in front of 300 people.
- For the event parents will drop off their daughters and American Girl volunteers will help get her in costume and prepared for the event.
- Parents must purchase a ticket in order to watch the show, including the show in which their daughter appears.
- All models will be asked to collect donations/pledges to support the charitable aspect of the show.
- The American Girl dolls are diverse, therefore, girls of all races and cultures are encouraged to apply. If your child is not within the range of measurements listed below, there will be an additional opportunity to model at the shows. Your American Girl can join the fun on stage as a Guest Model.
For more information, visit www.americangirlfashionshow-baltimore.com or if you have any questions, please email: [email protected]. You may also leave a comment below if you are interested in an application and Macaroni Kid will send one to you via email.
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC